Getting into the Christmas Spirit!

My weekend project this weekend was to use my new Martha Stewart Pine Branch punch. One of our ladies brought in a beautiful card a little while ago on which she had used this beautiful punch. Loving it so much I go some into stock and kept one for myself (of course).

I punched out heaps of little pine branches and then......... nothing....... no inspiration at all.

After a couple of weeks of dragging out all the little pine branches and trying them in different ways I gave up and had a look at some galleries of cards featuring this punch and loved the look of some of the work people had posted up with wreathes so I thought I could give that a go with all the little pine branches I had.

So here is the finished article.



I took the heaps of punched out pine branches and glued them onto a circle I cut out using Spellbinder Circle Dies and finished the wreath with some tiny red flowers (a little bit of liquid pearls in the centres looked nice) and a red double bow.



I mounted a square cut using the Spellbinders Lacey Squares die onto a cream 145cm2 card and then mounted the wreath over the top. I finished the card with a circular sentiment stamped onto one of the smaller nested Lacey Squares Spellbinders die and mounted this with foam squares inside the wreath. I popped a 3 diamenties that I had coloured with Copic markers to match, onto the sentiment to tie in the red bow and flowers.