Lace and Pink-ness

Another weekend project to share.

This last weekend I don't know what happened...... sure I make cards (a fairly girlie pursuit I agree), however, those that know me realize that there is not much girlie in me. The word Cherish makes me cringe and in the past I avoided the colour pink like the plague.

This weekend though, I ended up in girlie land and fully embraced my girlie side, making cards with both pink card AND lace (ok so I couldn't quite manage it on the same card though).

Firstly our little card group has decided to participate in a "bring & make". Sort of like a "make & take" but different :) Each of us takes a turn to make a card and bring it along for the others to make. We can of course make it differently if we like and although the original (expertly made by Val) was a beautiful soft blue, I for some reason decided that the brightest pink I could find was a good option.

Val made her gorgeous card using Marianne Dies both the Anja's Leaves and the Flower Fantasy Set. And finished it with diamenties and pearls. The sentiments were from Just Rite Stamps. I colour matched my diamenties using Copic markers.



After getting all pink I decided to continue the girlie theme and make a card using some gorgeous Green Tara Lace that had just come into the store. This lace is so beautiful and petite at only around 1.5cm width and is just perfect for cards, invitations and scrapbook pages.


I had also been hoarding an piece of card on which I had embossed a beautiful leaf border pattern from Stampers Anonymous. You know those items that you make, but don't use immediately, hanging onto it because it is so pretty and you just KNOW that you'll use it somewhere someday?..... One of those pieces, yeah! It's really hard to see the embossed pattern in the photo unfortunately but it really looks spectacular. I've taken a close up so you can get more of an idea of what it looks like



I liked the way a Cheery Lyn Doily Diecut looked underneath it and then mounted a Spellbinder Elegant Rectangle Diecut with my sentiment stamped on top. The sentiment was from an A5 set by Stamp-It.

I love how it turned out all girlie but still quite sophisticated!