KennyK's digi stamp Elf Queen Card

I've been having a real go at using Copic Markers in preparation for a magnificent range of new stamps that have just hit our shelves from "Make it Crafty".

Because I'm not good at waiting patiently :) I had to try out on something and found on my scrounge a nice digi stamp from KennyK Downloads - Elf Queen. I printed her out and had a go at colouring..... Well, I was very happy with the result so decided to make a card for my Mum who is currently struck down by the flu. I thought I would share the process as I think the card turned out really nicely.

This is the Elf Queen after I'd turned my Copic marker attention to her.
 
Firstly I cut Spellbinders largest Small Oval and largest Small Scalloped Oval and layer the oval on top.



Then I got out my Marianne Dies. I can't stop using these absolutely wonderful dies. Especially all the leaf dies which create such beautiful, fine leaf embellishments. Here I used the Ivy Circle and cut it in portions to use around the oval which I had inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Using Cordinations Cardstock, I ran the piece through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder and then sanded the top to reveal the contrasting core colour. Then I inked the edges of that and a piece of Blae & Ivy paper from Kaiser Craft using suitable Distress Ink colours.


I layered the cardstock and paper onto a dark green Bazzil mat and then layered another piece of Kaiser Craft paper, this time from the Chapter one range, onto the top (also matted onto Bazzil).


 Of course you can never have enough of those Marianne Die Cuts and here I've used some of the Anja's Leaves range and decorated the ends with Ranger's Perfect pearls to add some sparkle.


Definitely more sparkle needed!!! Kaiser Craft white paper flowers got a spray of Rangers Perfect Pearls (Perfect Pearl) Mist. If you haven't tried these mists yet, you are definitely missing out!


I layered the ovals onto the top of the card and then mounted the fussy cut out the Elf Queen using mounting foam to give her some dimension. Lastly I layered the leaves and the flowers.


Ain't she pretty!