Circut Club at Stampers Den

Firstly I want to thank Chloe and all the ladies that attended our second Cricut Club meeting here at Stampers Den, I had a ball and really enjoyed the day of cricut and crafting. There was so much creativity happening all around me that even my Scrapping block was removed and I now have (at least temporarily) re-ignited my desire to get into my holiday scrapbook!

Considering I was the slowie of the group and took so much time trying to decide what I should do, I thought it'd be nice to see the almost finished project from Saturday and I promise that as soon as it's finished I'll post up a finished article picture..... promise.

So I started with a couple of holiday pics from Langkawi with beautiful aqua water so BoBunny's Barefoot & Bliss collection was a perfect match. I chose the reverse of Barefoot & Bliss from this range (yes, the name of the particular paper is the same as the range!).



I trimmed some of the waves so that I could insert one of the photo's into the slits in the paper, creating a nice wavelike frame around the photo.

Using the Accents Essentials cartridge I centred and cut circles from 2 photos (quite unnerving actually cutting the photos) and then cut 2 other circles using a blue & green that matched the BoBunny paper colours, for mats. I cut these 1/4" larger each time. I inked these using Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint Distress Inks

Using the Life's a Beach cartridge, I cut 2 different sized fishy borders and then covered them with Blue and Pacific Blue Kindy Glitz and set them aside to dry. I also cut some coral accents from coordinating cardstock colours and inked around the edge of some of them using Distress Inks.




I used Nates ABC's Cartridge to cut out the font (matching the font in my photo as closely as possible) and the font shadow in white Bazzill. I then inked the font in Mustard Seed and Festive Berries Distress Inks.



Once they were dry I put all the elements through the Xyron Sticker Maker...... so easy. You can see in the pictures the elements sitting on the Xyron sheet ready for application.

I'm now just waiting for some Kindy Glitz to dry before finally assembling this project. I decided to reapply a bit more glitter to some parts of the fishy borders as they were a bit light on for glitter! So stay tuned and the final finished project will be up soon!